Re: [orca-list] Chromium accessibility with Orca

On 4/19/20 7:07 AM, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Hi.

There are applications that have benefited from support in chromium, such as VSCode.

I tried VS Code with the same flags used for Chromium, and the accessibility support was activated. There was a prompt to press a key combination (I think it was Alt-Shift-F1) to enable screen reader support.

The one problem I've found with VS Code is that the screen reader support disables word wrap, which is an issue if you're writing Markdown, LaTeX or other document content. This isn't a Linux-specific issue; it's a generic VS Code accessibility problem There are also known issues with navigation by word.

I expect the accessibility of VS Code to continue to improve, however.