[orca-list] Stuck on the clock or weather applet when reaching it using keybord navigation, mate-panel 1.22.1

Hello,

I have posted the issue titled as above against mate-panel here:

https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-panel/issues/1020

I didn't get an answer since 5 days.

I assume that it is an issue with Mate rather than Orca and it is a
regression from Mate 1.18 (I didn't try Mate 1.20)

However I am posting here as this issue is mostly annoying for blind
users using a screen reader in I hope hat someone else also running
Mate 1.22.1 can test and infirm or confirm, regardless of the
distribution in use. So, if you can, please test!

I will paste below the issue as reported on GitHub.

--- Description of the issue follows ---

Title:
stuck on the clock or weather applet when reaching it using keybord
navigation, mate-panel 1.22.1

Expected behaviour:
After having reached the top panel pressing Ctrl+Alt+Tab then the Clock
or the Weather applet pressing the right or left arrow keys, we should
be able to continue navigating on the panel with these keys.

Actual behaviour:
We are stuck on the Weather or Clock applet of which the drop down menu
is opened as if we had pressed enter or the down key (keyboard trap).
This is a regression from 1.18

Steps to reproduce the behaviour:

Pres Ctrl+Alt+Tab to focus the top panel, then move the cursor with the
left of right arrow key until we reach one of the applets. After that
the left and right arrow keys do not produce any effect.

MATE general version:
1.22.1

Package version:
1.22.1

Linux Distribution:
Slint 14.2.1 as of 15 September 2019 (I am its maintainer and packager).
I observed same behavior on Mageia 7.1

Link to downstream report of your Distribution:
http://slint.fr/pipermail/slint_slint.fr/2019-September/001035.html

This bug is very annoying for blind users using a screen reader, as they
can't use a mouse.

Best,

Didier

PS maybe other applets have the same issue, I didn't check them all.