Re: [orca-list] how can I support Orca financially

Le 28/10/2019 à 08:05, Vojtěch Šmiro via orca-list a écrit :
Good morning.

This is good thing to write about. Orca needs some support. I am afraid, if we won't be awaylable to pay on Orca, accessibility will end and it would be catastrophy. I am primary linux user, some people of course too. What shall we do if linux won't be accessible and we don't want Mac and Windows, because we like opensource technologies?

If all Linux users would accept to find ways to pay for this buying service around it, it would be a good thing. As companies, we cannot accept donations, but would accept to be paid for providing a usable system, that money is useful to provide service and fund accessibility contributions. That is the idea of Hypra: provide business to fund accessibility, paying for original developers or adding new ones. But as most free software users prefer "do it yourself" approach, this has a limited impact today. But thanks to persons who tried, we could help fixing bugs in Thunderbird Nightly, fixing Firefox bugs, contributing MATE. It implies a community feedback, but we have it sometimes, so it works. We are happy with helping Joanie as much as possible working onf apps and, sometimes, Orca.

Regards

Thanks.

Best regards

Vojta.