Re: [orca-list] BRLTTY with GNOME 3.34.1 and gdm

Does it work if you x.org instead?  Is  orca running when you get
screen not in text mode?

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 13:25:58 -0400,
Jason White via orca-list wrote:

Interestingly, if I run gdm (on an up to date Arch Linux system
with GNOME 3.34.1), BRLTTY reports "Screen not in text mode" both
during login and at the desktop. The permissions of
/etc/brltty.key are fine.

However, if I run GNOME from the console, braille works properly
as expected.

Orca is also up to date from Git.

Can anyone else reproduce, or recommend alternative
configurations? This used to work, so it's a regression
somewhere.

At the console, I'm running GNOME via Wayland.