Re: [orca-list] Knoppix and Mate desktop

the reason you are having overheating issues would be due to the acpi settings,
i myself have a toshiba lap-top, this means i can't run virtual
machines currently because of this
and the placement of where my machine is currently.
if you are able to use the old cpufreq driver, where you can use say
the cpufreq applet to change the ghz that your machine runns at you
will iliminate this issue,
trye this if you will,
install mate-desktop via debian,
log in to your new system, go to your mate panel, and press control plus f10
down arrow to go to add to panel.
a box will be displayed with a list of applets,
choose cpufreq skaleing
click add
you will be able to change your cpu frequency via thatta way.
Majid