Re: [orca-list] Desktop environments

I can fully confirm The statements of MR Kile. I have even been able to run many of build in Mate applications on Android operating system which has shared The system resources with Linux distribution which run by using chroot container. Mate contain very very matured C language experts which really know what they are developing. Their programmers knowledge are brillant so Mate is not only accessible, but also stable desktop environment. I Am now doing my best to incorporate Mate desktop environment to The latest Knoppix DVD from Mr Professor Klaus Knopper.
I Am facing some issues.
Mainly how to correctly initiate mate desktop.
xinit mate-session
Is not The good way. CTRL+ALT+d will not work and Orca and Speech-dispatcher will not cooperate together. Orca will only communicate with Brltty and even stand alone command
sped-say "Hello my love."
will not produce speech. There is some socket connection related bug.
I have terminated Lxde previously by typing
init 2
I can not simply run mate by typing
mate-session
It will produce bug.
So if there is some Knoppix fan who would like to find The solution with Me, you can answer here publicly or you can debate with Me privately on my E-mail address.