Re: [orca-list] Orca says nothing when we start the first instance of gedit

Thanks! It appears that gnome-shell is claiming to be the active window. Not seeing any window:activate events until Untitled Document 2 is showing. And the only events I'm seeing for Untitled Document 1 is window:deactivate and state-changed:active false.

It looks like your experiencing this when you launch from the terminal. Does it occur in the Run dialog or in Applications? (Yeah, I get that due to the keyboard event bug you filed, launching stuff this way would be a drag, but it would be a useful data point.)