Re: [orca-list] Help me, please!

W dniu 14.11.2019 o 15:30, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza pisze:
Unfortunately not all applications are accessible on linux, I think this
goes for windows too.

to read pdf documents you can use a program called evince.   After the
pdf file loads in evince yu need to press f7 to turn caret mode on.

Another alternative is use firefox to read pdf.
or, convert pdf to text with pdftotext and read it, i prefer that option
usually.

Google Chrome is not officially supported on Orca yet but support is on
the way. For now you can use firefox to access web pages.

Except for mistakes on my part, Visual Studio code is not supported on
Orca either, at least it wasn't the last time I tested it. The same
applies to skype.
they are both electron so based on chromium, so their accessibility is
related to the above point about chrome.

What languages ​​do you intend to use to develop on linux?

I currently use java or dotnet core, depending on customer demand and
have managed to survive!

Eventually I also write something in python.

I always use linux to develop and I don't have windows on my machine for
a long time.

Hope this helps.