Re: [orca-list] keyboard layout change to US English when I terminate Orca

Hello,
I will just answer the quoted text below:

On 15/05/2019 12:50, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel via orca-list wrote:
If I understand it correctly, when I want to use some desktop environment which contain its own window
manager, its session will not support third party window manager. So Mate-session will not support
ratpoison  or Openbox.

I just checked packaging ratpoison, then installing both in Slint to check.

No issue with Openbox, just typing as regular user from Mate:
openbox ---replace & |Don't forget the '&' after the command if youtype it in a terminal else killing it with
leave Mate without a window manager.

No way for ratpoison. It has no such option, and  trying to start it gives:
ratpoison: There can be only ONE.

More generally the ability of using another window manager that marco, replacing it, depends on the window
manager itself.

The replacement works with fvwm2 and kwin, but both have accessibility issues.

I doesn't work with wmaker, blackbox, fluxbox, twm

Of course you can also use compiz, but that's most probably not what you want.

However, marco and compiz have the best integration in the Mate desktop.

Best,
Didier

Thank you very much for yours answer.
I will test if problem will exist also when I will use shordcut ALT+Windows+S to turn Orca on and off.
To make processes life easier. If it will help, I will have to find which command is being used by special
link to turn Orca on and off.
By the way, thank you for ratpoison window manager. I did not known about this window manager. It would be
perfect solution for situation, when user want to run GTK apps on Android devices. But I must determine, if
their C source do not use shared memory allocations or dynamic memory sharing.
I have analysed The amount of MB which various window managers allocates and I will compare it with
ratpoison  window manager.
But I have one plea to you.
If I understand it correctly, when I want to use some desktop environment which contain its own window
manager, its session will not support thirt party window manager. So Mate-session will not support
ratpoison  or Openbox.
So if I want to use individual app only, I can use various window managers, but when I will use lightdm
session manager or other session managers, which run desktop sessions, I must only use window manager which
have been shipped with some desktop environment by default?
There are many many window managers, sure not all of them are GTK 2 or GTK 3.0 based ones.
Some uses many Xserver protocol features, decoration effects and such managers are not ideal for using them
in shared environment between Android and Linux app.