Re: [orca-list] DBus Broker and orca/ ATK / AT-SPI?

Hello,

Here is my debug log: https://files.pvagner.tk/f/24470182589d4253b01b/?dl=1

It went like this:

* I have started recording the log when focused on a collapsed folder list in thunderbird

* I have pressed right arrow to expand.

* There is some expanded event in the log, keyboard events and a few name change events. That's all expected I think.

* Then I'm pressing down arrow key.

* From this moment it gets interesting. I suspect Thunderbird becomes crazy, orca receives some content change events from the terminal window where I have started thunderbird from,

then it receives some more events from thunderbird not being able to retrieve object states assuming the focused object is dead.

* Then it looks like I may have stripped out a part of the log because more than a minute there is nothing added into it. I promise I haven't modified it.

* During those moments I have pressed ctrl key perhaps each 20 seconds or so to find out if orca is responding or not.

* Finally I have pressed blindly left arrow key several times to collapse folders tree view, exited thunderbird by pressing ctrl+q, pressed left and right arrow keys several times to make sure thunderbird is closed and the underlying terminal window is in focus, closed the terminal window by typing in exit and pressing enter, landed on another terminal window where I have started orca from and pressed ctrl+c to exit orca.

I was doing all this with no feetback from orca doing it all blindly so the description might be a bit rough.

I am afraid there is very little that can be done about it but newertheless I tried to describe the situation as best as I can.

If you think I might try something else or describe some steps better, please let me know.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 10. 5. 2019 o 12:22 Joanmarie Diggs napísal(a):
Hey Peter.

Could you please send me a full debug.out when the problem is occurring?
I don't know if I'll be able to do anything, but I'll certainly take a look.

Thanks!
--joanie