Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 16:43:17
From: Didier Spaier <didier slint fr>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] firefox and audio playback in linux?

I just checked, good catch!

The voice by default in Chromevox is:
Afrikaans espeak-ng (if espeak-ng is installed).

The voices are presented in alphabetical order, that's why
this one comes first.

I don't know a chromium flag to tell chromium to use the default
language for the system.

But you can in the Options page get to the drop-down list of
voices (like in Orca with the Person drop-down) pressing Tab
several times then use the right and left arrow keys to change it.

The voices are presented by alphabetical order of their names,
regardless of the synthesizer used. At least taht's the case
using the Chromevoice extension installed fro the store.

Best,

Didier