Re: [orca-list] Chromium: Not there yet, but making progress!

True in many cases. I don't think that's what we're dealing with in this
particular case. We're not retrofitting things as much as we are
translating the baked-in platform-agnostic accessibility support into ATK.

Microsoft and others will be doing the same thing now that Edge is going
to be based on Chromium. Chromium's accessibility support for Windows is
almost entirely MSAA+IAccessible2. Doing the translation from the
baked-in platform-agnostic accessibility support into UIA needs to be
done, as I understand it, for Narrator to provide access to the new Edge.

There have been -- and undoubtedly will continue to be -- things which
that baked-in support didn't anticipate. But I think that's a different
problem than failing to take accessibility into account from the very
beginning.

FWIW.
--joanie