Re: [orca-list] Using Emacs under Orca

Le 01/03/2019 à 16:41, Alex ARNAUD a écrit :
If you want a graphical software you can try Geany. I'm not familiar
with him but Colomban in CC has made it accessible and could tell us why
hs likes it.

I won't start making any comparison, I don't want to start some war :)
Seriously, a lot of it when it comes to editor/IDE selection is personal
preference.  Some people love Eclipse, some prefer Nano, other GEdit,
Geany, GNOME Builder, emacs, vim, ed, Kate, KDevelop… and all the others.

I like Geany because it's fairly simple, fast, has IDE features but
doesn't hide plumbing in a way that requires users to give a leap of
faith to their IDE, and supports a good deal of languages.

But the best if you'd like to see whether you like it or not is to give
it a try, it has some code completion support (though not actually
through language servers, but through an integrated ctags), and should
be accessible with Orca.

Regards,
Colomban