Re: [orca-list] Strange speech problem

On 1/14/19 5:19 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
Le 10/01/2019 à 11:47, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
Alex ARNAUD, le jeu. 10 janv. 2019 11:42:25 +0100, a ecrit:
Should I need to report an issue against AT-SPI?

The X11 event contains the return keysym in that case so it's probably
at-spi or atk (or perhaps even gtk) which needs to be fixed, yes.

I'm not quite sure, the result we're seeing comes from Orca transforming
the event_string value in KeyboardEvent.__init__().  The original
event_string contains ASCII character 0x0D for Control+Return; but the
issue is that it's the same for Control+M.

I'm not sure what, if anything, should be "fixed", and I'm not sure how
(e.g. expected behavior).  Maybe Orca's transformation should take into
account the keyval to discriminate those cases?
Opinions?

The event_string we we get from AT-SPI2 should contain what we want to
present. Orca calculates the keyval_name largely as a fallback. Trying
to figure out which value is the right value is not ideal. It would be
great if you could fix this in AT-SPI2.

Thanks!
--joanie