Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher Upgrade Broken on Arch

Hello,

Also what version of pulseaudio do you have installed?
Is this on the login screen, in a desktop session or on a text console?
Can you query pulseaudio for the list of cards or list of sinks?
pacmd list-cards
pacmd list-sinks

Is pulseaudio indeed running?
ps aux | grep pulse

Is it likelly something else might be taking over your sound device e.g. espeakup, timidity or fluitsynth?

If pulseaudio is not running can you play sound directly via alsa?
Are you getting sound when typing in
speaker-test

If you can't play sound even directly via alsa,
Do you have pulseaudio-alsa package installed?
What is content of your /etc/asound.conf or ~/.asoundrc ?

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 2019-01-02 18:10 Didier Spaier napísal(a):
Hello,

To be able to help we need that you answer following questions.
What distribution, version of this distribution are you using?
What version of speech-dispatcher are you using?
Which TTS are installed? espeak, espeak-ng, others?
Which exact command do you type to start speech-dispatcher?

As an aside, there is usually no need to start speech-dispatcher
directly, as it is started by applications relying on it like Orca.

Best,
Didier
Slint http://slint.fr
Slint accessibility: