Re: [orca-list] Typing diacrytics

Was gonna say. I'd heard of a "dead" key, but not a compose key.

Chris.

On 02/24/2019 06:21 AM, Mallard wrote:
Interesting! I had something like this on a manual typewriter when I was in high school. Since I was studying languages, i needed to have diffeent symbols for different languages, but that was long before IBM came out with their electric typewriters with character heads...

I had a so-caleld "international keyboard", with a couple of dead keys that wouldn't move when you pressed them. You had to press these keys before the letter yo wanted to modify, and then the actual letter key.

Is this how this Compose key works?

Thhanks for pointing me to this feature.

Ciao,

Ollie