[orca-list] Typing diacrytics

Forgive me here for comparing, but, in JAWS, there is a command, jawskey+num row 4, which allows the ability from a list to choose among the most common characters with diacrytic marks. So, things like A acute, e acute, the n with a tilda over it, I'm not about to phoneticly try spelling that character name, the AE dithong, etc.

I know, if I knew the unicode value, I easily enough could hold the alt key down, then with numlock on, could type 0, followed by the unicode value. For instance, alt+0 2 4 1 will give you the n with a tilda.

But, if I don't know the unicode value to start with, or for that mind, don't have a numpad, as this laptop doesn't, then, what do I do? Yeah, I probably could switch out my keyboard layout, but that's more work than necessary, if I only need to grab one or two characters. And no, I'm not the type who says, well, people'll know what you meant... uh uh. No. I'm sorry. I've gotten myself linguisticly screwed too many times that way.

Is there a way therefore in Orca to do this?

Chris.