Re: [orca-list] How do I....(installing new synths/voices)

Hello Jace,

first you need to have installed speech-dispatcher 0.9.0, preferably before installing RHVoice.

Then, just after having installed RHVoice, assuming that the speech-dispatchar modules are in
/usr/lib64/speech-dispatcher-modules/
( if your distribution is multilib it's probably instead: /usr/lib/speech-dispatcher-modules/)
symlink or copy /usr/bin/sd_rhvoice there. For instance, as root:
cp /usr/bin/sd_rhvoice /usr/lib64/speech-dispatcher-modules/
or:
cp /usr/bin/sd_rhvoice /usr/lib6/speech-dispatcher-modules/

You also need a "dummy" rhvoice.conf.
As root type:
echo "#This is a dummy configuration file for RHVoice" > /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/rhvoice.conf

After that rhvoice should be listed in the output of:
spd-say -O
And if this is the case, this command should display all voices available for RHVvoice:
spd-say -o rhvoice -L

If this is successful the voices for RHVoice should be available to Orca.

Didier