Re: [orca-list] Call for testing master with web content

Hi Jean-Philippe.

Regarding reporting, I'd start with Firefox. Alex should be able to use
Accerciser to monitor for caret-moved events and selection-changed
events. I was seeing both of these. What I did was use Alex's steps to
reproduce, tweaking with the following:

After loading both pages:
1. give focus back to the etherpad page
2. arrow to a heading
3. down arrow to the next line with "normal" text
4. press alt+2 to move focus to the non-etherpad test case page

Expected results: After switching pages, there would be no caret-moved
event for the line with normal text nor a selection-change the
font/format combo box.

Actual results: After switching pages, there is a caret-moved event for
the line with normal text and a selection-change event for the
font/format combo box.

Based on what Nolan stated and the fact that the document in question
claimed to be focused, I'm now wondering if the event is just super
delayed. Regardless, as you guys sometimes say about Orca+Firefox bugs,
this one is super annoying. Orca depends massively on getting valid
events. And when it gets events that totally look valid, just like good
events, but needs to ignore them because they're bogus or super-delayed
or whatever, the ignoring bit is very, very, very fragile and risky.

--joanie