Re: [orca-list] FTP server: I'm obviously doing something wrong, although probably am on the right track.

1

. Nimer, I apologize that you thought my message was rude in nature. I'll admit, I was a bit sarcastic with the things I said, perhaps to the point of coming across a bit rudely, even though that definitely as stated in my message wasn't my intentions.

2. Explain to me how that rm -R command I did would have gotten me banned, or how that would have done dammage if someone had tried it? I didn't even give a valid path to any file or directory, let alone a nmission critical command.

3. Further, Never once did I tell people to issue the command. It shouldn't be my responsibility to do so! Though I completely understand your point in me being possibly banned, and though on your lists, as you being the owner, it would be your right to do so, I think your logic on this is a bit over-reactive. It's not like I gave a valid command using... word of warning to those who're thinking to try this, don't! It's not like I gave a valid mkfs command on a critical partition. I'm not that stupid! My point is, I shouldn't have to baby people into holding their hand telling them, don't try this or that. Yes, it would have been courteous of me to have done so, OK, your point is well taken, but come on! Banning me for such comment? Really? I'd hope this list, or any! for that mind, would have by its subscribers enough sense to know, the lists come with no warranty, and no express of liability if you choose to do something a member tells you, and then things go boom. Quite frankly, Nimer, anyone, you, me, Andy, anyone! on any! tech list chooses to take the advice given for what it is... advice. Not professional advice. It would be like you telling me my head hurts, I saying my advice? Take an Asperin. Then you die two days, God forbid, later, on account of me being wrong to think a headache, when it actually was a full-on aneurysm. My point is, I'm not a pro. You took my advice at your own risk. That's extreme, all be it, but, my point still stands.

My point being, if you issue a command, and don't know what it does, even slightly, yet, you choose just for fun to try it, then frankly, and yeah, this will be rude, probably, but It's the only part of this message that I do! tend to be a little blunt: frankly? if you do that, who's then really! the demented here? I don't normally speak that way about people. We've talked on the phone once or twice, Nimer. You I'd hope should know that. But, admittedly, I do think you're over-reacting, and I do think, as a US citizen, I do have the right to that opinion, all be it correct or not.

Enough said. I appreciate your explanation of the list, even though to be honest, people have posted things in the past here totally unrelated to Orca, actually, even fairly often, yet haven't gotten their heads bitten off. Why me, and not them?

Now, I'm really done. Enough said.  Please, I kindly ask, do not anyone further, not Andy, not you, no one, privately nor publicly write me further on this subject. In fact, I'd appreciate the admins locking the thread forever, if that be feezable, if not though, I understand. If this does get me banned from the list for what I've said, well... I'm sorry, but so be it. It won't be the first time, and I highly doubt either it'll be the last.

Chris.