Re: [orca-list] FTP server: I'm obviously doing something wrong, although probably am on the right track.

You may need to seek other resources to get your ftp server up and running. As a slight hint though, try adding your ftp users to the ftpd group. Much the same way multiuser webservers add the approved web server users to the www-data group.