[orca-list] transmitting to WIFI

Hi,
Maybe I have been going about this the wrong way.
I installed Volumio onto my Pine64, with the plan on transmitting audio to my router and then using my iPhone to play it.
This would be audio such as my TV or another audio source connected via audio jack.
This is not working, it seems that Volumio only receives, or if it does transmit, I haven't found out how to do it.
I think it can transmit from web sources or a hard drive full of audio, but not from the line in to the USB card on the Pine64.
So maybe I can go back to Ubuntu on the Pine64 and transmit to the router with something like VLC or CODI.
Does anyone know if this is how to go about this?
Thanks for any assistance.
Glenn