Re: [orca-list] a couple of basic questions

Howdy John,

Try this:

xclip -selection clipboard filename

HTH,
Storm

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 09:47:47PM -0400, John Covici wrote:
Hi.  I have some basic questions about gnome -- using 3.30 I think.
How to get a file into the clipboard?  I tried xclip -r <filename> but
nothing happened.  I know this because control-shift-v did not paste
anything into the terminal window.

I would also like to know if there is a way to open a file with
firefox and actually type its name.  I see things to navigate, but I
just want to be able to type the name.  Can I do firefox <file name> ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

        John Covici wb2una