Re: [orca-list] Fwd: collapse/ expanded /expandable state of tree views in QT4/ QT5 applications

So the problem is that Orca assumes that things which are expandable
have the "expandable" state. This is not the case for Qt apparently.
Arguably that is a bug in Qt. That said.... Given that the presence of
the "expanded" state is sufficient for "expanded" and that Qt exposes
the "collapsed" state (unlike other apps and toolkits), I've modified
Orca to no longer require the "expandable" state for expandable items.
As a result, when you arrow to such items in Dolphin, that state is now
presented as expected. At least for me. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Qt is not emitting state-changed:expanded when you
left and right arrow. Instead, it emits a state-changed:focused event.
Orca sees this focused event and says, "User is already on that, no need
to announce it again." and remains silent. While I could hack around
that for Qt apps, that would be a sad hack and generally a bad idea.
When the state of an accessible object changes, the toolkit or app
should emit object:state-changed event for the specific state which has
been changed. Which in this case is expanded; not focused.

If Qt were to emit object:state-changed:expanded with detail1 = 1 when
expanded, and detail1 = 0 when collapsed, Orca should automatically do
the correct thing. Since you're working with the Qt community, any
chance you can get this missing event added?

Thanks again!
--joanie