Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 18.04: how to open the system menu?

Hi,

When I press Ctrl+Alt+Tab and I push the arrow right button, I hear
"Firefox Webbrowser menu". It's not clear to me how to open this menu
so I can choose an option from it.

Greetings,
Kristof

Hi,

I think  I have to explain my problem a bit better.
I wanted to open the settings menu of Ubuntu so I could set some key
shortcuts and change the sound volume.
I found a workaround to do this but there will probably be a simpler
solution:
* Press the Super key
* type "settings" and Enter
* search with the flat review mode for "Wifi" (this is the first item
of the menu) and click on it with the braille routing buttons
* use the arrow buttons and enter button to browse the menu

Now I encountered also another problem: how to open the menu of an
application?
For example: how can I open the menu "Fiele or "Edit" of Firefox?
I assumed that pressing Alt+F would open the "File" menu and Alt+E
would open the "Edit" menu, but this seems not to work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for the answers,
With kind regards,
Kristof

Try pressing CTRL+INSERT+SPACE on the logon screen. Just tried it and it
works fine.