Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 18.04: logon screen orca preferences

Do you use Orca master?

On 11/28/18 10:02 AM, Delaunay Christophe wrote:
Hi Andy,

Thanks for this advice. I just logged out in order to try <ctrl+insert+space> on my logon screen but it did
not open orca preferences.

However, I asked for the admin's help about another problem, (very very low screen resolution) and the admin said that
the "do-release-upgrade" command I issued to install 18.04 over my 16.04 may have failed with something
although it finished with the usual prompt.

They fixed the low screen resolution by manually reinstalling the graphics driver but other problems still
remain. Maybe not being able to open orca preferences on the logon screen is one of them.

For the moment, the admin is gathering information to determine how to solve the other problems I have with
my PC and if they can't easily fix them, they will completely install a new 18.04 distro.

Many thanks. Have a nice day. ChD