[orca-list] Moving to open source: possibility for a whole assistive tech training provider possibly moving to Linux for future-proofing and cost

Hi all,
I've used Linux before, for a few months last year. Today, I talked to my supervisor about the rising
monopolistic practices, and prices, of a particular assistive tech company. So, he suggested that we go
open-source as much as we can. So, I know about Orca, and use Emacspeak on the Mac, and my supervisor has
used Mycroft. I plan to dualboot Windows and Fedora, since I love the power that Gnome provides. I know I'll
be able to work with Email, as this organization uses the Google framework, although I don't know how well
Firefox with Orca works with Google Docs.

Devin Prater
Assistive Technology Instructor certified by World Services for the Blind
JAWS certified