Re: [orca-list] install arch

I use a iso from nashcentral.duckdns

something

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Jude DaShiell
Skickat: den 29 maj 2018 11:45
Till: mattias jonsson; orca-list gnome org
Ämne: Re: [orca-list] install arch

First did you validate your download?  The talkingarch I installed

cannot be validated but works nonetheless.  Of course it doesn't have

any graphical user installer so you will have to do everything on the

command line to do it my way.  The antergos latest image I've had

several defective sourceforge.net downloads of and haven't yet validated

that yet though I did get an sha512sum for a valid download done by

someone else.  Just because you use bittorrent is no guarrantee of a

valid download either.  For any of these iso images I think what the

rest of the Linux distributions need do is get the valid isos up on

rsync servers.  That way an installer could use wget first and then

rsync the downloaded image on their hard drive and clean it up enough so

it will boot.  I can't boot the antergos latest offering yet but maybe

with a few more tries and sha512sum checks one of them will eventually

boot.  No intel over here just x86-64 machinery too, so shouldn't be any

problem booting a valid iso.