Re: [orca-list] Scripting keybindings

Hello,

Dňa 22.05.2018 o 05:07 Kyle napísal(a):
Is it possible to script keybindings for Orca before it runs for the first time? I can see that certain things may be able to be added to the end of ~/.local/share/orca/user-settings.conf, but I'm having trouble understanding them fully. Is there any documentation for the keybindings as added to user-settings.conf, i.e. the name of the function bound to a key, as well as what numbers such as 365, 256, 264 and 1 represent, or is there a better way to add keybondings?

If you would like to see what the numbers are you can look into this file https://github.com/GNOME/orca/blob/master/src/orca/keybindings.py , start reading on line 213. Then to understand how the keybindings are saved in the config file also read the method starting at line 420 within the same file.

To see how these keybindings are mapped to their handlers (python functions executed for these) you can look at individual scripts such as scripts/default.py. common_keyboardmap.py and desktop_keyboardmap.py include the list of actual mappings.

What I think is the most reasonable is manipulating these maps via orca-customizations.py  as you will have to write a helper script if you wanted to generate your own user settings file and also there is that gsettings based deviation in ubuntu...

Greetings

Peter