[orca-list] Could it be possible to reduce chattiness when opening the desktop ?

Hello all,

Environment:
- Debian Sid
- Orca master
- Mate 1.20.1 (it's the same with olders releases, even if with GTK2)

Steps to reproduce:
1) Open an application
2) Go to the desktop with ctrl+alt+d

Result: Orca announces "desktop frame icon view layered pane"

Result on Windows with NVDA: "desktop list"

My proposal: Orca could announce "desktop" because the desktop implies to be in icon view without the "layered pane" information that is technically correct but I don't think it is useful to have it.

The reason why I ask you that is because all our users ask us why the announce is so complicated to indicate we're on the desktop? This behavior let them think Mate and Linux is complicated.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager