Re: [orca-list] Issue with Orca and Firefox 60

Hello,

While I was looking around trying to come up with clear steps you have already discussed the matter.

Here is my take on it just in case it might be usefull.

Regarding firefox and its text selection I do have an example steps. I think there is a mozilla bug about this somewhere but I can't find it because I don't know what to search for:

Steps:
Open this url in Firefox: https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Orca#Getting_Orca_and_Its_Dependencies .
On the page that opens locate the paragraph that reads
Orca and its dependencies are already included in many distros. For more information and/or to get the code, please see the following:
Notice that the paragraph ends in collon followed by space.
Now move to the begining of the paragraph.
Now press ctrl+shift keys and hold them down.
Keep pressing right arrow key repeatedly while holding ctrl+shift keys pressed until orca says "see selected".
Now release both shift+ctrl keys.
At this point you should have almost the whole paragraph selected except of the colon and the spacebar characters at the end.
Finally press down shift key and keep it pressed.
Press right arrow key while holding shift key pressed. You should hear orca reporting "colon selected". So far all is working great and all the orca output as it's reporting the selection changes is expected.
Now still keep shift key held down and press right arrow key one more time.
Expected: Orca should report "spacebar selected" alerting to the fact the last character of a paragraph has became selected. Actual: The selection is extended however orca is not reporting to that fact and it stays silent.

Please note I believe this is present ever since I'm using linux for almost 6 years or even longer. I have chosen this paragraph of text just as an example. When selecting accross HTML element boundaries firefox most likelly does not fire appropriate events and orca can't present the new selection.

I assume we might already have discussed this however I have tried searching the list archives and mozilla instance of bugzilla and I can't find what I would like to.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 15.05.2018 o 21:17 Joanmarie Diggs napísal(a):
Ok, I can reproduce that. I'll take a look. Thanks!
--joanie