Re: [orca-list] When opening a folder with lot of files in it with Orca, it is very slow.

Use this:
https://developer.gnome.org/atk/stable/AtkObject.html#AtkObject-property-change

There the docs say: 'The signal "property-change" is emitted when an
object's property value changes.'

The bug is that when the icons are being created, their name isn't
changing -- at least not as far users are concerned. So notifying Orca
of these events doesn't help users. And Orca has to examine the event
sufficiently in order to determine if it is a name change of interest to
the user. It does this quickly, but given 1000 such events you wind up
with the slight delay you're complaining about.