[orca-list] how to get Orca and Lightdm running on Arch?

Hi guys,
I decided to switch from Gnome to Mate, as Mate seems faster to me.
I would like to get rid of all gnome stuff including GDM. I tried to
switch to Lightdm but Orca won't start.
Following are contents of my /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf
#start here
[greeter]
reader = /usr/bin/orca
a11y-states = +reader
#ends here
I have copied the orca configuration from /var/lib/gdm to
/var/lib/lightdm and configured proper permissions. I have added the
lightdm user to the audio group. Still nothing.
What could be wrong?
Thank you,
Vojta