Re: [orca-list] Unable to get speech with orca master in ubuntu 17.10.

hi

I don't have this issue in my current OS, ubuntu mate 18.04, but I do have this issue in antergos. I used to be able to fix it by removing the per user and system wide pulse audio configs and reinstalling pulse audio, then killing both pulse and speech dispatcher, but this no longer works. It's maddening. This affects both orca stable, 3.26 and from git, as well as stable and git versions of speech dispatcher and espeak and espeak ng. I can't pin it down. If possible, maybe try upgrading to ubuntu 18.04? You can either grab an image from cdimage.ubuntu.com or google search for "download ubuntu mate 18.04" or whatever desktop you prefer. This won't solve your problem  in 17.10, but it will get speech going. I'll be glad to help you if you run into any more problems.

Thanks

Kendell Clark