Re: [orca-list] TTS choices? Don't worry, not Voxin

I don't recall seeing a fork of espeak, but you can use espeak-ng now, which has mostly better pronunciations now, and is the continuation of original espeak, as the lead developer of the original espeak seems to have either dialed an address outside of the known stargate system or boarded a ship to another galaxy. I recall indicating that the klatt4 I think voice may be more to your liking, or you can use the Michel voice variant, but you need to cat the files or try to get Orca to see the voice variants.

There is another voice called Gama TTS, which is forked from GNUSpeech, but it sounds kinda weird. It already has a speech-dispatcher module, but it will require a rather different build method in order to use it, as it uses cmake, and tells me to build from another directory. I'm not sure about Swift, as it's rather old now as I recall, it's only available for x86 and x86_64, which I no longer have, and the cost is quite high for a single voice, although I thought there was supposed to be a 5 minute trial or something. As far as I know, it should still have a download link, but I'm not sure where to find it now. Of course Festival and Flite are still available, and either of those can talk with many more voices than just that drugged robot voice that it uses by default. Unfortunately however, I can't figure how to make spd work with any of these other Flite voices, and Festival takes some extra magic to get running. Hopefully some of this helps.

Imetumwa kutoka sauti kubwa