Re: [orca-list] TTS choices? Don't worry, not Voxin

Hello,

one of the advantage of mbrola voices is that there are many and of good
quality.

I like the French male one that I tried.

Be aware that the are free (as in free beer) but be their licenses vary
and that the mbrola engine's license forbid commercial and military
usages.

Also, this engine is not open source, if that matters for you.

Nevertheless, I will ship it in next Slint ISO.

There is also Festival, and Svox pico.

All these work with Orca + Speech Dispatcher. There are others that I
didn't try, that can be used with Speech Dispatcher and, I assume, Orca.

For your information, here are all the modules shipped in Speech
Dispatcher in the git repository at time of writing:

espeak
espeak-ng
festival
flite