Re: [orca-list] Mouse review: Orca doesn't read title bar at all

On 06/28/2018 03:25 PM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Le 28/06/2018 à 18:40, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Orca reads the accessible object under the mouse. The title bar is not
an accessible object. It's just part of the window. I might be able to
come up with a heuristic hack, but it wouldn't necessarily be reliable
and it might impact performance. If the window manager can expose the
title bar as a separate accessible object, that would solve the problem.
Could you or Samuel look into fixing it in the window manager?

I couldn't promise that, but we'll do our best.

Understood. But I think this will prove necessary if you want the
buttons read. They don't have accessible objects, and when I hover the
mouse above them to cause the tooltip to be shown, there is no
accessible event indicating the tooltip is showing. And different themes
put the buttons in different places....

Fixing this in the window manager is the right -- and possibly the only
-- fix for this issue.

--joanie