[orca-list] Need help getting Mbrola voices to work

Hello Christopher,

Try this:
1) edit again /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf, writing:
DefaultModule espeak-ng-mbrola-generic
2) edit /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-ng-mbrola-generic.conf
and replace line 21 the last word and only the last word which is:
$PLAY_COMMAND
by the whole text in the next line (that ends with a dash)
play -q -t au -
I had also success using one of the following alternatives:
play -q -t raw -e signed-integer -r 16000 -b 16 -
aplay -q -r16000 -f S16_BE -

This works in Slint, I assume it works as well in Debian.

I am using a fairly recent speech-dispatcher from git,
but that probably doesn't matter.

Best regards,

Didier