Re: [orca-list] Gnome 3.28.2: Orca fails to announce the search field in the activities overview

Hi Andy.

I can reproduce this. However, Orca is not given any events telling it
you're in the search field. In addition, I'm not convinced you wind up
in the search field just by getting into overview. I think the search
field gets focus as a result of you starting a search.

For instance, when I press super and Orca announces "Window", I can see
the search field, but there's no cursor in it. When I type a letter,
Orca is told by gnome-shell you're in a text field and Orca announces
it. And I see a cursor.

Long way of saying I don't know if this is a feature or a bug in
gnome-shell, but if you want Orca to present the new location, Orca
needs to be told about that new location.

--joanie