Re: [orca-list] Need your help to check Orca pre version

Le 07/07/2018 à 16:07, Arkadiusz a écrit :
Hi, can you please give me inmstructions for Arch Linux? I know that there is an AUR build but what if I want to build the src myself?

I'm quoting Janina advices for Arch:
Exactly. Arch provides something called the Arch User Repository (AUR).
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository

In the AUR there is a script that can be used to install Orca Master
called orca-git. It follows a common practice on the AUR for enabling
easy installation of leading edge package development versions, i.e.
there are many -git scripts on the AUR. Here's relevant info on
orca-git:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/orca-git

There are also front ends to the standard AUR makepkg app that provide
the functionality of pacman so that, once the front end is installed and
configured, one can update to the last master with a command like the
following:

pacaur -S orca-git

As I say all this I also hasten to add that there are caveats and
various security concerns over which process to follow in using the aUR,
probably even about using it at all. Note also that orca-git needs an
update inasmuch as the GNOME packages have moved since Microsoft bought
github.

Best regards,
Alex.