[orca-list] Is this safe to do? I don't wanna break Orca

So, a while back, I remember trying, through gedit to manually by hand edit the

/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf

file, and uncommenting some of the speech modules, then changing the default=espeak to which ever module I wanted to use.

Obviously, I made sure I first had the TTS engine installed.

I think I tried this with Festival, but don't quote me.

Anyway, my point is, I then restarted Speech-Dispatcher's service, all be it maybe not correctly, and loe and behold, I epicly broke Orca. I then had entirely no speech at all.

Even after logging out and back in, nothing worked.

So, yeah. Whoops? Major! Whoops!

So, before I went middle mucking around with that file, and yes, I did copy it elseware, so I do have a backup, I was just curious if it was safe to uncomment some of those synths in the file, or am I still likely to really break Orca if I do this. I'd rather check with you all that're way more experienced users than I currently am before I go doing something which'll prove to be incredibly stupid! Especially since I have a working system which has been configured to the point where I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

FYI, I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.

Chris.