Re: [orca-list] TTS choices? Don't worry, not Voxin

Hello.

Has Voxigen from Hypra czech language too?

Thanks.

Best regards

Vojta.

Peter Vágner napsal(a):
Hello
Voxigen from Hipra provides the same voices we do know as nuance voices also known as vocalizer, real speak and similar. Hopefully I'm not mistaken on this.
They do also have speech-dispatcher module included.

Dňa June 30, 2018 8:16:34 AM UTC používateľ "Vojtěch šmiro via orca-list" <orca-list gnome org> napísal:

    Hello.

    And what about Nuance voices? I've heard about that, there is option to
    use their voices in Solaris, but unfortunatelly, they gave it up and
    development ended.

    Best regards

    Vojta.

    Kyle via orca-list napsal(a):

        I don't recall seeing a fork of espeak, but you can use
        espeak-ng now, which has mostly better pronunciations now, and
        is the continuation of original espeak, as the lead developer
        of the original espeak seems to have either dialed an address
        outside of the known stargate system or boarded a ship to
        another galaxy. I recall indicating that the klatt4 I think
        voice may be more to your liking, or you can use the Michel
        voice variant, but you need to cat the files or try to get
        Orca to see the voice variants. There is another voice called
        Gama TTS, which is forked from GNUSpeech, but it sounds kinda
        weird. It already has a speech-dispatcher module, but it will
        require a rather different build method in order to use it, as
        it uses cmake, and tells me to build from another directory.
        I'm not sure about Swift, as it's rather old now as I recall,
        it's only available for x86 and x86_64, which I no longer
        have, and the cost is quite high for a single voice, although
        I thought there was supposed to be a 5 minute trial or
        something. As far as I know, it should still have a download
        link, but I'm not sure where to find it now. Of course
        Festival and Flite are still available, and either of those
        can talk with many more voices than just that drugged robot
        voice that it uses by default. Unfortunately however, I can't
        figure how to make spd work with any of these other Flite
        voices, and Festival takes some extra magic to get running.
        Hopefully some of this helps. Imetumwa kutoka sauti kubwa
        Access guide:
        https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/a11y.html Log
bugs and feature requests at http://bugzilla.gnome.org