Re: [orca-list] speech dispatcher will not stay running

The setting you mention is close to the beginning of the main sd configuration file, speechd.conf, either in
/etc/speech-dispatcher or
~/.config/speech-dispatcher/, near the beginning. The comments start aro9und line 40. The default timeout is
5 secs. Most of the time there'sno need to
keepp S-D running, as orca and other clients start it when they launch, but there are special cases and
configurations.
Anyway, I'll paste in a few lines of theconfiguration file. I've editted comments a bit, so osome wording may
vary a little correcting a typo or two, but
mostly to be slightly lessverbose and/or more clear. I can't remenber if the timeout section got an edit or
not other than I did extend the timeout to 7
seconds experimenting with some things a while ago.

# LocalhostAccessOnly 1

## By default, Speech Dispatcher is configured to shut itself down after a period of
## time if no clients are connected. The timeout value is in seconds, and is started when
## the last client disconnects. A value of 0 disables the timeout.

 Timeout 7

Next come log settings.

,

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  John Covici wrote:
Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:26:50AM -0500

I will look for that, this is what I would like to do.

Thanks.

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 02:30:23 -0500,