Re: [orca-list] speech dispatcher will not stay running

Le 27/01/2018 à 18:21, John Covici a écrit :
Hi.  I am trying to run speech dispatcher 0.8.7, but after it says
starting with 3 output modules in its log, it just says terminating
with no other message.  How do I keep this thing going?

I am using gentoo operating system if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Do you have Orca running ?
speech-dispatcher stops to work by default if no client is connected to it, so if no client is connected, speech-dispatcher is not currently used.

There is an option to change this behavior in the config but I don't remember it.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager