[orca-list] Ubuntu mattte is silent on my laptop !

Hi all,
I was thinking of getting a Linux distro my friend has had a Ubuntu mate version ,which I found accessible
according to what I’ve read online, but when I’ve tried it live ,there was no sound at all, although the same
version works on his laptop very well!
I have Panasonic cf-c1 laptop and he has hp some 4th generation core i7 processor.
He thought of installing it to my device to overcome it, but it was no use! The strange thing that this
Ubuntu version detects two sound cards!
It was my first time to try to download Linux to my laptop. It’s sound card works very well with windows 10.
The company doesn’t recommend downloading any OS but windows 7, 8 and 8.1 , but 10 works fine with me.
Any ideas what is the problem ?!
Any help would be appreciated,
Mohamed Fayd