[orca-list] What's the best stratigy for accomplishing these two basic tasks?

OK, so two things.

First of all, given the fact that in Firefox, and though I've not tried, I'm guessing probably also Thunderbird doesn't read with Orca at all when you try selecting a block of text with shift+down arrow, or however you choose, what is the easiest way to know what's selected, to be sure you're not getting too little, or too much content before hitting CTRL+C to copy the selection to the clipboard?

Also, in Gnome 3, with the terminal, let's say that I've typed something, and I get an error which consists of a fairly lengthy command I can type to try correcting the issue. Either that or maybe there's just something in general from the terminal that I need elseware. Does Orca give us the ability to somehow mark the beginning of a text area of the terminal screen, then mark the end, then be able to copy that block of text to the clipboard? I know how to paste within the terminal with CTRL+Shift+V, and I know about CTRL+Shift+C and CTRL+Shift+X to copy and to cut, but that only seems to work with pasting.

I know a sighted person could drag their mouse over the area they need selected, then could hit CTRL+Shift+C to copy it within the terminal, but I've not been very successful at finding a way to accomplish that with Orca.

Any help appreciated. Is there like a virtual viewer, or something like what JFW in Windows has?

Chris.