Re: [orca-list] Mate Desktop, Building

Title: signature_jp_2
Hi,

Indeed, building MATE is a hard task for LFS. I dont know the status of this desktop in the BLFS book. But MATE is a Gnome2 fork, and GNOME2 was a pain to be built: hundreds of packages. Enabkling accessibility was hard as it implied using dbus, at-spi, and I never had success.

Perhaps someone on blfs list can tell you? Or a hint exists? You could try as well, in the blfs archive book, to find the instructions for gnome2 and try upgrading them? Maybe take as example Slack rules, or Gentoo rules (well, a rules-based distro)? Perhaps Nutyx has helpful rules as well.

Regards,

Logo
                Hypra JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL
DIRECTEUR TECHNIQUE ET QUALITÉ
102, rue des poissonniers, 75018, Paris
Facebook Hypra Twitter Hypra Linkedin Jean-Philippe