Re: [orca-list] Arch: Install Mate-desktop and Get Orca Working

Hello,

Once mate accessibility is turned on via its preference dialogs nothing has to be added.

If you are blind you might have difficulties activating that option via the GUI thus it's kind of catch 22 situation.

You do have two choices. Either activate the setting by using command line as explained at the arch wiki here https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MATE#Accessibility

Or for the first time run mate via xinit exporting GTK_MODULES variable in your ~/.xinitrc like this

export GTK_MODULES="gail:atk-bridge"

In both cases you will have to start orca manually from the alt+F2 launcher for the first time.

Then you can configure all the accessibility related settings including orca startup.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 26. 12. 2018 o 17:05 Rob via orca-list napísal(a):
As I recall, once you have the desktop instaled and going, there were a couple of files you needed to edit or a line to be added to .xinitrc in order to get orca squeaking. Or something had to be added to /etc/profile. My memory is real vague on this now. Can someone remind what needed to be added?