Re: [orca-list] Reading Thai via Orca

Hello,

I think you just need to go to the screen reader preferences by pressing orca+space from anywhere and on the second tab from the left you can switch voice to thai. ESpeak will change the accent, you should be able to read thai and understand enough english to return it back.

If you then would like to quickly switch these two configurations, you can save it as orca profiles trough the same screen reader preferences window and finally assign a keyboard shortcut to the cycle profiles action on the key bindings tab.

I assume you are using eSpeak or eSpeak-ng via speech-dispatcher for speech.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 28. 12. 2018 o 7:06 Matt - Envrin Group via orca-list napísal(a):
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give this one another try.  Any suggestions on how to read
Thai via Orca?  Upon doing so, all I get is "Thai letter 054, Thai
latter 021, Thai latter 038", etc.  I'm guessing that's brail
annotation, but doesn't do much for me.

I do know how to read and write Thai, but that was back when I could
see.  I'll be able to figure out the Thai keyboard layout and memorize
it, but I'm not sure how to read Thai.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated, as it'd make my life a whole lot easier.

Thanks,
Matt