[orca-list] speech bug or linux bug

When I plug headphones into my laptop, Orca speaks.

However I have noticed a bug but I don't know if it is a general linux bug, a bug to do with Orca or the speech synthesiser or both.

With headphones in, I don't hear speech at Loggin screen in Ubuntu but after that, I hear speech after entering my password. I also think when I now have headphones out, I notice the same bug as when I first used my headphones which is a bit strange.

I know there was a problem with sound comming through headphones a while back and I suppose to some extent this bug has been resolved.

I am not sure if trying to do an ALT Super S at the loggin screen will resolve this bug like it did when I first had ubuntu installed on this computer when I had to work out if I was at the loggin screen before turning on Orca.